Life Update - January 29th

A little life update - I am back in the hospital. The plan is to get enough nutrients so that I am strong enough to have surgery. As you can see, I have another feeding tube & honestly at this point I am so relieved. I am finally able to get some nutrients. Before, I was literally living off of water and chicken broth, both of which give you absolutely NO energy - that's why the feeding tube was so necessary. I was beginning to faint, I lost a significant amount of weight, and I was really weak. The feeding tube is helping with that. I've mentioned before how awful feeding tubes are, and yes, they SUCK. I have a four foot long tube stuck down my throat - it is most definitely as uncomfortable as it sounds. Sometimes you just gotta fight through the pain. I am also getting a TON of IV fluids, which is good because hydrate or die-drate. Hahahaha. I don't mind getting IVs. When you've been in and out of the hospital for over a year, you learn to get used to needles. So yeah, that's a little update on what's going on at the moment - being stuck in the hospital isn't fun, but at least it's only temporary.

Comments

  1. The tube sounds like it definitely sucks, but I’m so so glad it’s doing the job. Even though this will be only temporarily, it’s not easy to feel that when you are in the thick of things. Thank you for this update - we keep checking in to see the latest, as we are all very much thinking about you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thank you Dr. Akinkuotu

LIFE UPDATE: 10/8

National Feeding Tube Awareness Week